I have been looking for the perfect cookie recipe for a really long time. Personally I like my cookies chewy on the inside, slightly crispy on the outside and full of chocolate chips. So when I found this cookie recipe and it described them as being like Millie’s cookies (Which are probably my favourite cookies!) I knew I had to try it out and see if it was true. The results were so completely delicious and honestly tasted just like Millie’s cookies that I had to share the recipe!
White Chocolate Chip Cookies
You will need:
3½oz/100g Light Brown Sugar
4½oz/125g Caster Sugar
1 Beaten Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Flavouring/Extract
8oz/225g Self Raising Flour
½ tsp Salt
7oz/200g Chocolate Chips (You can use plain/dark/white, or something different like cherries/desiccated coconut/walnuts/pecans – whatever you like really!)
Let’s get started!
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease and line a baking tray with grease proof paper/baking paper (I could only fit 6 cookies on each tray, so I had to do them in several batches).
- Cream together the butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and egg, and combine well.
- Sift in the flour and salt then add the chocolate chips/any other filling.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, place on the baking tray and flatten slightly.
- Bake for around 7 minutes for a nice chewy texture, if you prefer a more crunchy cookie bake for around 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- You are all done! They taste great warm, but you can also leave them to cool completely and enjoy cold 🙂
I really love this recipe. The cookies are super easy to make for those who aren’t very confident when it comes to baking. While for those who are more confident bakers it has lots of room for experimentation. If you prefer a chocolate cookie, you can add in a few tbsp of cocoa powder. This recipe is also really easy to change if you don’t feel like using chocolate chips. The next time I make these cookies I think I will be trying out some of my favourite Millie’s cookies: Cherry & Coconut, and Walnut & Chocolate Chip. Which I’m sure will be very soon as they are really delicious and very moreish. I would definitely recommend giving them a go!
A Bake in the Life…