When I made my own Peanut Butter Cups I was surprised with how quick and easy they actually were to make, and of course how delicious they tasted! Since first making them, I have received quite a few requests to make them again and the mixture of salty peanuts with sweet chocolate is definitely one of my favourites. I really wanted to try something along the same lines of these cups, and an idea that has been on my to do list for a while seemed perfect – Marshmallow Cups!
You will need:
3½ oz/100g Marshmallow Fluff
10½ oz/300g Milk Chocolate
Let’s get started!
- Begin by lining a 12 mini muffin tray (Or regular if you don’t have one – just be aware that you may need to use a little more chocolate as the cases will have a wider area to spread out).
- Melt the milk chocolate and gently warm the marshmallow fluff, carefully in the microwave, or in a bowl over gently simmering water – ensuring that the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Spoon 1-2 tsp of the melted milk chocolate into each mini muffin case, allowing it to spread evenly across the base of the case.
- Using a teaspoon, pick up 1 spoon full of marshmallow fluff.
- Carefully allow the spoonful of marshmallow to drip into the centre of the chocolate base in each case.
- Ensure the marshmallow fluff is flat before spooning 1-2 tsp of milk chocolate over the top to cover.
- Gently tap the tray to spread the chocolate evenly before chilling until completely set.
- You are all done! 🙂
This recipe was even simpler than peanut butter cups! I found that it was easier to warm the marshmallow fluff in the microwave for a few seconds before placing it on top of the first layer of chocolate, as it can be a bit of a nightmare to work with. You could of course make your own marshmallow fluff – something I think I would love to have a go at myself.
As I expected, the combination of soft sticky marshmallow fluff with crisp chocolate was delicious and very moreish! Everyone who tried my peanut butter cups really enjoyed them, so I was worried that these marshmallow cups wouldn’t be able to compare. I was therefore pretty happy when they received just as much praise, with plenty of requests for another batch – as well as a request for a batch of both peanut butter and marshmallow! I would definitely recommend giving these marshmallow cups a go, as not only do they taste amazing but they look impressive and are super easy to make!
A Craft in the Life…